The "Simple Setup" model of envelopes and templates is AssureSign's newer model for submitting envelopes for signature.
Simple Setup templates can be used with AssureSign's DocumentNOW V3 REST APIs. Specific documentation regarding Simple Setup templates is available here.
Classic templates are used with AssureSign's earlier DocumentNOW V2 SOAP APIs. Documentation on classic templates and documents is available here.
Some of the differences between the two are:
- Classic document templates only contain 1 document. You are able to wrap several document templates inside an envelope template.
- Simple Setup templates are full envelope templates and can contain many documents in a single object.
- Classic templates are submitted by our older SOAP APIs.
- Simple Setup templates are submitted using our newer REST APIs.
- Classic DocumentNOW APIs could not be used to send out documents for signature without first designing a Document Template.
- Simple Setup APIs can be used to submit ad-hoc envelopes without creating a template, and documents can be streamed into the AssureSign portal for a user to work with in the Simple Setup user interface.