The UpdateAccount operation is used to change the main attributes on an account. This operation requires an AuthenticationToken returned from AuthenticateUser, which in turn requires passing of an active AssureSign username and password.
The UpdateAccount operation requires knowledge of the following:
- the AssureSign account ContextIdentifier for the account to be modified (this is exposed in the AssureSign administrative application account settings). The ContextIdentifier is in the form of a global unique identifier (GUID).
- an AuthenticationToken, returned from a successful call to AuthenticateUser
The optional items any combination of which may be modified are:
- the Name of the account.
- the DisplayName of the account used for branding purposes.
- the AccountGroup the account is assigned to
- the Inactive flag
- the parent account it is assigned to by specifying a ParentAccountContextIdentifier (the ContextIdentifier of the new parent)
- specifying the ParentAccountContextIdentifier in order to reparent an account is not supported as of version 6.20 of our software
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UpdateAccount xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Accounts"> <Request ContextIdentifier="8d17c44a-458d-455b-b240-fc6dba5cf1db" AuthenticationToken="[authentication token]" Name="My Changed Name" DisplayName="BoughtOutCo" AccountGroup="All"> <Inactive p2:nil="true" xmlns:p2="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" /> </Request> </UpdateAccount>
The SOAP Action header is
The returned result will include:
- a Success flag indicating whether or not the account was updated successfully
The UpdateAccountResult should be checked for the presence of an Exceptions element, which may contain multiple AccountException items.
Sample XML response is presented here:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UpdateAccountResponse xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Accounts"> <UpdateAccountResult Success="true"> <Exceptions /> </UpdateAccountResult> </UpdateAccountResponse>