The ListUsers operation may be used to return a list of users for a given account. This operation requires an AuthenticationToken returned from AuthenticateUser, which in turn requires passing of an active AssureSign username and password.
- the AssureSign account ContextIdentifier to be searched (this is exposed in the AssureSign administrative application account settings). The ContextIdentifier is in the form of a global unique identifier (GUID).
- an AuthenticationToken, returned from a successful call to AuthenticateUser
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ListUsers xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Users"> <Request ContextIdentifier="06C4A84A-693C-46CB-8DF2-40A8215AA056" AuthenticationToken="[authentication token]" /> </ListUsers>
The SOAP Action header is
The returned result will include:
- User items in a Users list, each containing
- the UserName
- the user FirstName
- the user LastName
- the Role the user is assigned to (configured in the Roles administration section)
- RequirePasswordChange indicating whether or not the user will be required to change the password upon next login
- an Inactive flag indicating whether the user is disabled
- Locked indicating whether the user access has been locked due to bad password attempts.
- a Tags element containing an array of user-specified tags (name-value pairs) may be returned if any exist for the user
The ListUsersResult should be checked for the presence of an Exceptions element, which may contain multiple UserException items.
Sample XML response is presented here:
<ListUsersResponse xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Users"> <ListUsersResult Success="true"> <Users> <User UserName="email@example.com" FirstName="John" LastName="Doe" Role="Limited User" RequirePasswordChange="true" Inactive="false" Locked="false /> </Users> <Exceptions /> </ListUsersResult> </ListUsersResponse>