The CreateAccount operation is used to create a new child account. This method may be useful in situations where external processes should automatically create accounts in order to eliminate the overhead of using the management user interface for the process. This operation requires an AuthenticationToken returned from AuthenticateUser, which in turn requires passing of an active AssureSign username and password.
The CreateAccount operation requires knowledge of the following:
- the AssureSign account ContextIdentifier for the parent account to which the new child account should be assigned (this is exposed in the AssureSign administrative application account settings). The ContextIdentifier is in the form of a global unique identifier (GUID).
- an AuthenticationToken, returned from a successful call to AuthenticateUser
- the Name of the account
- the DisplayName of the account used for branding purposes
- the name of a valid AccountTemplate to use for configuring settings (designed in the Account Templates interface)
- the name of an AccountGroup to assign the account to (designed in the Account Groups interface)
- an Inactive flag should the account be disabled
Note: Specifying an AccountTemplate is not required; if not passed then the result will mirror what would occur using theAccounts interface. However, it is required that an AccountGroup be passed.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <CreateAccount xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Accounts"> <Request ContextIdentifier="06C4A84A-693C-46CB-8DF2-40A8215AA056" AuthenticationToken="[authentication token]" Name="Acme" DisplayName="Acme, Inc." AccountTemplate="Standard" AccountGroup="All" Inactive="false" /> </CreateAccount>
The SOAP Action header is
The returned result will include:
- a Success flag indicating whether or not the account was created successfully
If the call is successful, the result will also include:
- the ContextIdentifier of the newly created account
The CreateAccountResult should be checked for the presence of an Exceptions element, which may contain multiple AccountException items.
Sample XML response is presented here:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <CreateAccountResponse xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Accounts"> <CreateAccountResult ContextIdentifier="8d17c44a-458d-455b-b240-fc6dba5cf1db" Success="true"> <Exceptions /> </CreateAccountResult> </CreateAccountResponse>