The AssureSign system provides an export mechanism whereby templates may be created in one account (or, for example, on an AssureSign sandbox account) and imported from the physical file into another account. Additionally, if you administrate sub-accounts, you may re-save templates from a parent account into a specific sub-account. In both cases, the web notification design and any attached credentials will follow the template. This information is encrypted in the binary exported file in the case of the physical export process.
To export the template, navigate to the hamburger menu in the upper right of the portal and select Classic Templates:
Then select Existing to see the list of your existing templates:
Choose the template you’d like to export and select Export:
Your file will save to your Downloads folder as a .dat file.
To import a template, navigate to the Classic Templates area as shared above then select Import Template from a Template Export File:
Click Choose File and locate your exported file, then click next, where you will be presented with a set of options to apply to your new template:
- Template Name The name of your new template. Please ensure this is a unique name across all your Classic Templates or you will see an error.
- Description An optional description of what the template contains.
- Accessibility There are three options here:
- User Limits the use of the template to only the single user who is importing it.
- Role Limits the use of the template to all users in the account that have the same role as the user who is importing it.
- Account Allows the template to be used by all in the same account as the user who is importing it.
- Language This will set the language for the content displayed to the signer during the signing process but not the email design sets.
- Email Design Set Select the set of email designs you would like this template to use by default. This is also where you can select an Email Design Set that will automatically use a different language by default.
- Modify Workflow Selecting yes will allow you to reformat the workflow, while selecting No will retain the workflow from the previous template.
- Lock this Template
- Yes locks the documents based on the document template. Locking a template does not prohibit editing the template, it prohibits things being modified when the template is being used through the classic send User Interface.
- No allows all documents, jotblocks, and workflows to be altered when the template is used through the User Interface.
Advanced Import Options
Selecting the “Show Advanced Options” on importing will show some additional settings. All these things may be safely ignored if you are not already using these configurations:
- Allow Immediate Presentment Selecting:
- Yes will allow your Originators to let Signatories sign the document immediately after sending, without needing to follow the email nor SMS process. Specifically designed for use in conjunction with External Signature Devices and LocalSign.
- No will force Signatories through either the email or SMS predefined process.
- Template Tag This is an optional tagging system to assist with locating your template within our Templates list.
- Additional Compliance Statement For additional verbiage for documents based on the template that will be displayed to Signatories at the bottom of the landing page.
- Additional Agreement Statement Allows for additional verbiage to be included in the signing agreement statement that will be displayed above the "I Agree" checkbox on the landing page.
- Additional Disclosures Allows additional disclosures be included as additional terms becoming part of the extended disclosures above the "I Agree" checkbox on the landing page.