Defining the workflow template involves designating the following:
- Identifying who will be signing (the signatories)
- Assigning the JotBlocks designed in [template design mode] to the signatories
- Dividing the signing into Steps in which signatories will sign the documents
- Assigning emails for the signatories and document creator to receive during the various stages of the signing process
- Selecting DocumentTRAK notifications to be sent
Important: Remember that when you are designing template workflow, you are creating variables to be populated at runtime when the template is used. While it is possible to assign certain fixed values in some areas, workflow in a template is meant to be filled-in later with values from parameters.
Identify how many will be signing the document when the template is used. These values will need to be sent in on a submission of the template using DocumentNOW methods or if you launch the document from the Documents tab.
- Add a Signatory placeholder by clicking New and specifying the parameters to be used. Built in parameters will be initially provided, or you may select from parameters you designed in template design mode or create new parameters.
Note: AssureSign does not generate passwords for document signing. This is initiated by the document creator.
If your template will be used when no email address is present, then you should change the email address parameter so that it is not required. When both email address and mobile phone are configured to not be required (allowing you to pass in whichever you may have), API submissions using the template will enforce that one of the values be present.
Important: with our classic templates, you indicate how each signer should sign signatures and initials JotBlocks by setting their Signer Signature Style in this signatory section.
- Select a signatory, and use the JotBlock assignment window to assign JotBlocks to the signatory. If there will be only 1 signatory, assign all to the signatory shown
- When you are at the JotBlock assignment step in the workflow setup, a section appears for each signatory to create signer attachments. Once all of your signer attachments have been created, you must assign them to a signing step along with your other JotBlocks.
- If only 1 signatory will be signing, then you will most likely assign all signing to occur in a single step.
- If you have multiple signatories, you may chose:
- to have all JotBlocks signed in a single step, each signatory still will sign in their own online session but could be signing in parallel (at the same time)
- to have JotBlocks signed in sequential steps, where the end of 1 step triggers the beginning of the next
- You may also choose to delay a signing step for a period of time
- Default emails you selected in the email design set you are using will be automatically assigned
- You may edit the emails assigned and preview them, and may select additional recipients that may be populated now or by parameters
- If your account has SMS notifications to signers enabled, you will be able to set the system defined SMS notifications to be sent on various events in the document
No SMS notifications are initially populated, so you must select the events you want the notifications to be sent for. For signing invitations to be sent for a given step, select a specific step, choose the "Before Step" timing, and select "All signatories assigned to this signing step" as the recipients.
- You may assign data only DocumentTRAK web notifications to occur at various stages
- You may send sending the completed document on the Document Completed stage using DocumentTRAK designs that you have created
- When all parts of the workflow template have been completed you will review and select "Finish" to save the template