The GetUser operation may be used to get a users's details. This operation requires an AuthenticationToken returned from AuthenticateUser, which in turn requires passing of an active AssureSign username and password.
The GetUser operation requires knowledge of the following:
- the AssureSign account ContextIdentifier the user belongs to (this is exposed in the AssureSign administrative application account settings). The ContextIdentifier is in the form of a global unique identifier (GUID).
- an AuthenticationToken, returned from a successful call to AuthenticateUser
- the UserName of the user to be found
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <GetUser xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Users"> <Request ContextIdentifier="06C4A84A-693C-46CB-8DF2-40A8215AA056" AuthenticationToken="[authentication token]" UserName="email@example.com" /> </GetUser>
The SOAP Action header is
The returned result will include:
- a Success flag indicating whether or not the user was retrieved successfully
If the call is successful, the result will also include:
- the UserName
- the user's FirstName
- the user's LastName
- the Role the user is assigned to (configured in the Roles administration section)
- RequirePasswordChange indicating whether or not the user will be required to change the password upon next login
- an Inactive flag indicating whether the user is disabled
- Locked indicating whether the user access has been locked due to bad password attempts
- a Tags element containing an array of user-specified tags (name-value pairs) may be returned if any exist for the user
The GetUserResult should be checked for the presence of an Exceptions element, which may contain multiple UserException items.
Sample XML response is presented here:
<GetUserResponse xmlns="https://www.assuresign.net/Services/DocumentNOW/Users"> <GetUserResult UserName="firstname.lastname@example.org" FirstName="John" LastName="Doe" Role="Limited User" RequirePasswordChange="true" Inactive="false" Success="true" Locked="false"> <Exceptions /> </GetUserResult> </GetUserResponse>