Unable to Retrieve Templates
- Ensure that the AssureSign URL is correctly configured.
- If available, also ensure that the configured Username and Context ID are correct.
- Ensure that the user account is active and has templates with valid workflow defined.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Configure any firewalls to allow traffic between Send to AssureSign and the AssureSign site.
- Refresh Send To AssureSign's data
- Close any running instances of Send to AssureSign
- Navigate in windows explorer to C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Roaming\AssureSign\ and delete the "SendToAssureSign" folder
- Navigate in windows explorer to C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\AssureSign\ and delete any folders starting with "SendToAssureSign"
- Restart Send To AssureSign running as admin and login
If you are encountering problems with the Send to AssureSign application it is possible to view the diagnostic logs. These logs may also be provided to the AssureSign support staff for analysis.
To view diagnostic logs:
- Click "Help" on the main menu bar
- Click "View Logs"
Diagnostic logs for Send to AssureSign will be written to the following locations depending on the version of Windows you are using:
- XP/Server 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings<user name>\Application Data\AssureSign\SendToAssureSign\Diagnostics.log
- Vista/Win7/Server 2008 - C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\AssureSign\SendToAssureSign\Diagnostics.log
Template Matching Issues
If you are encountering issues where the documents you are printing are not matching your templates, it may be due to differences in the way the PDF in the template is structured vs the ones that you are printing.
When you need to create a new template, don't just upload a PDF or Word document to AssureSign.
1. Print the PDF into Send to AssureSign using the same process you will be using to print documents to Send to AssureSign in the future when you apply templates to them. Important: if printing a PDF, make sure you always use the same PDF Viewer (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit, Microsoft Edge Browser, etc.). Using different PDF viewers can cause differences in the way the printed PDFs get structured which negatively impacts template matching.
2. After printing your template document into Send to AssureSign, go to Options > Templates and use the Save PDF button to save a copy of your template PDF to your desktop. You can then upload that template PDF to AssureSign to create your template.
3. Once you've successfully created your template(s) using the process described above, you should be able to start printing documents to Send to AssureSign and applying your template(s) to them. As mentioned above, just make sure that you follow a consistent process in how you print your documents (should match the process used to print the initial template PDF).