In order to begin using Send to AssureSign, you will need to configure the application to ensure that it is able to communicate properly with the AssureSign system.
The first time you run the application, and to be able to change settings, you must run as an Administrator. This can be done by right-clicking on the program shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator".
The configuration options window will be automatically presented on first run. To access this window at a later time, click the "Options" button on the main menu bar.
- Email Address - This is the email address used to log into the AssureSign site.
- Default Document Name - The Document Name field will default to this value when sending documents. The Document Name may always be modified individually for each document.
- Default new JotBlocks to be Certified - Checking this option will make new JotBlocks certified by default.
- Site URL - This is the base URL for the AssureSign site you will be using. Only https (SSL) URLs are supported. For production use, this will usually be one of:
See Environment Information for current locations.
Tip: If the Site URL option is grayed out, you may need to exit the application and run it as an administrator (typically done by right-clicking on the program shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator").
- Require a valid SSL certificate (https only) - Checking this option will require that the AssureSign site you are connecting to has a valid SSL certificate. This is an advanced usage option that should remain checked in almost all circumstances.
- Context Identifier - This is the unique Context Identifier for your account. You can obtain your Context Identifier by taking the following steps:
- Go to the "Administration" page in the AssureSign site (administration.aspx).
- Select "Settings" from the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to the "DocumentNOW Integration" section of settings.
- Find the value for the "DocumentNOW Account Context Identifier" setting.
- Preserve PDF features when adding to the workspace - When a document is printed or added to the workspace certain elements from the original PDF (such as Layers or Bookmarks) may be lost. Checking this option will preserve these features in the final signed document. For more information about when this may be needed, review this article.
- Show bulk send feature - The application may be used for performing bulk AssureSign sends through the input of a source data file mapped to template parameters. When this feature is selected then an additional feature button titled "Bulk Send" will appear on the application main toolbar when the application is relaunched.
- Cache - Please refer to Template Cache for more information.
- Save As PDF - This option allows you to save the current document as a PDF for use in the creation of templates. This is particularly useful for documents which are printed. Template matching against printed documents works best when the templates in the AssureSign system are created using the printed output instead of the original source material. For example, suppose a Word document is typically printed and you would like to create a template which matches it. Typically you would upload the Word document to AssureSign when creating the template. However, for best results, first print the document into Send to AssureSign. Then use this option to save as a PDF which you may use when creating the template.
This window allows the user to view and delete remembered matches.