The term Template can refer to several different types of AssureSign objects.
AssureSign Document Templates consist of:
- an underlying document (uploaded in PDF or Word DOC/DOCX format)
- applied JotBlock areas
- email settings indicating which email set to use
- workflow, which defines signing assignments, order, communication and timing
- parameters, which are variables used to pass in data to prefill JotBlocks and workflow elements
An AssureSign Document Template, then, may have areas (JotBlocks) filled in:
- at the time of Template creation
- at the time of Template launch (through DocumentNOW interfaces or from within the AssureSign administrative application)
- by a signer at the time of presentation of the document to them for signing/data entry
AssureSign also supports the concept of Workflow Only Templates, which require that a document be passed in using a DocumentNOW submit method which contains dynamically created JotBlocks.
AssureSign also provides the ability to design Envelope Templates. Envelope Templates provide a way for you to configure notifications for use with document envelopes created via DocumentNOW. Once created, you can customize the email notifications and DocumentTRAK web notifications for various stages of the envelope lifecycle. In addition, you can configure document transmission to occur when the envelope is completed. This interface will only be visible if your account is configured to use envelopes.