The AssureSign CRM managed solution is installed like any other managed CRM solution. Download the zip file, and import the solution in the Solutions section of Settings. If you are upgrading from a previous version, simply import the latest solution and select to maintain your customizations.
Installing the Solution
There are multiple versions of the managed solution, based on the version of your CRM instance.
The latest version of the AssureSign solution for CRM is 22.214.171.124. This is available for CRM 2015 (versions 7.0 and 7.1), 2016 (version 8.0 and 8.1), and Dynamics 365 (8.2). Download these versions here:
Note: versions of our solution for CRM earlier than 126.96.36.199 will not work following removal of our support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.
For earlier versions of Dynamics CRM, the latest release available is our version 188.8.131.52:
You must have .NET Framework 4.5+ installed on your CRM server in order to use the solution for CRM 2011-2013. CRM 2015+ versions require .NET Framework 4.5.2.
Steps for Importing
- Within the Settings section of your Dynamics CRM instance, go to Solutions.
- Click on Import
- Browse to the location of the zip file containing the managed solution
- select "Activate any processes and enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution" and click next until the import starts
- It will be necessary to configure the entities "AssureSign Configurations" and "AssureSign Documents" to show up where you would like them, for example, you may select to show "AssureSign Configurations" in settings typically. After selecting where to show these entites in customizations, publish your changes.
- If you are making use of the workflow capabilities, select to show "AssureSign Template Maps" in settings.
- After installation, it may be necessary to refresh your view in CRM to see the extensions section within the Settings section. This may be done by pressing F5.
- Configure security in Settings->Administration->Security for other users who will access AssureSign entities.
- the Solution installs the role "AssureSign Document Sender" which may be assigned to users or a team, this role includes all necessary rights needed to use the solution to send documents
- using a process to create an AssureSign document, the process user must have privileges on the SharepointDocumentLocation and SharepointSite entities in order to use the Detect Workflow Entity SharePoint Storage Location setting.
Important: Certain mechanisms of the AssureSign solution require activation of Sdk Message Processing steps. If you do not select "Activate any processes and enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution" during the import, you must manually activate these after installation.
Important Step for Updating to Solution Version 184.108.40.206 or Higher
Updating a CRM 2015 or 2016 from a version lower than 220.127.116.11 to a version from 18.104.22.168 or higher requires the performance of a manual configuration process after the solution has been updated.
Modifications in the plug-in code require removal of old SDK Message Processing Steps that have been replaced.
The SDK Message Processing Step items with following Descriptions should be disabled and may be deleted:
- Post-Operation of AssureSign Document Create
- Pre-Operation of AssureSign Communication Proxy Create
- Pre-Operation of AssureSign Document Create
- Pre-Operation of AssureSign Document Update
See the following display as confirmation of the items that should be disabled (items to disable are outlined):
Not disabling these older steps will result in duplicate processes firing on the specified events.
After installation of the solution, you must create AssureSign Configuration records in order to use the solution.