The Send to AssureSign application installer supports several installation options that can be used in a managed/automated setup environment to pre-configure the application for use.
This command silently installs
This command silently installs and waits for exit
start /WAIT SendToAssureSignSetup.msi /qn
The installation supports various options to be specified on the command line to pre-configure the application. In particular, the default AssureSign URL and context identifier can be specified.
SendToAssureSignSetup.msi ASSURESIGNCONTEXTID="CustomContextId" ASSURESIGNURL="https://www.assuresign.net"
This can be combined with the silent install while also waiting for exit
start /WAIT SendToAssureSignSetup.msi /qn ASSURESIGNCONTEXTID="CustomContextId" ASSURESIGNURL="https://www.assuresign.net"
Note: Account environments for AssureSign are listed here
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNURL
- Description: The URL of the AssureSign site
AssureSign Context ID
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNCONTEXTID
- Description: The context ID of the AssureSign account. This can be found in the Settings section on the AssureSign administration site. Note that this is not required when using the login feature.
Require Valid SSL
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNREQUIREVALIDSSL
- Description: Whether or not to require a valid SSL certificate from the AssureSign site. This parameter takes either "true" or "false" as a value.
Login Feature Toggle
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNREQUIRELOGIN
- Description: When "true", the application requires the user to log-in prior to use. When "false", the application uses configured user and account credentials.
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNCACHEREFRESH
- Description: The amount of time, in minutes, that the downloaded templates are considered valid. After this time, they are considered stale and the application will automatically attempt to refresh templates from the server.
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNPRESERVEPDFS
- Description: When "true", the application will attempt to preserve various PDF features when adding PDFs to the workspace. For instance, if a template uses Layers which should be preserved when using Add From Template. Default is "false". For more information about when this feature may be required, review this article.
Default "Send" Module
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNDEFAULTSENDMODULE
- Description: The GUID of the module to be used by default for sending documents. This is not typically used.
Enable Document Password
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNENABLEDOCUMENTPASSWORD
- Description: When "true", an additional field will be made available on the "Send" dialog to allow a document-level password to be specified.
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNADDEXTENSIONS
- Description: The path to a directory whose contents are copied to [APPLICATION ROOT]\Extensions. This allows custom modules to be deployed to each workstation from a central location (ex: network share).
Allow Bulk Sending
- Parameter Name: ASSURESIGNALLOWBULKSEND
- Description: When "true", a bulk sending option will be available from the menu toolbar that will enable populating and sending a document to a list of recipients as defined in a CSV file.
There is an additional executable used by the installer (or manually run) which installs/uninstalls bioPDF. It is called PrinterSetup.exe and is located in the installation directory. It supports /i for installation and /u for un-installation.