AssureSign sites will be updated to our AssureSign version 5.48 software release:
Sandbox: Wednesday, June 21 at 9:00am EST
NA1: Wednesday, June 28 at 5:00am EST
WWW/CA1: Thursday, June 29 at 5:00am EST
Version 5.48 introduces a new paradigm allowing signers to adopt their signature and initials up front and then simply click to sign and apply their signature/initials throughout the envelope.
- For Simple Setup users, originators may choose to allow signers to choose between adopting a drawn signature or a typed signature. However, they may also choose to require signers to only adopt either a drawn signature or a typed signature.
- For users making use of classic documents and templates, any drawn signatures (also sometimes referred to as 'written' JotBlocks) will continue to exhibit the existing behavior of prompting the signer to sign each JotBlock individually (although Source Groups may still be used to streamline that process). Note that currently the typed signature and signer selectable signature styles are not options with classic documents or templates.
This release includes several enhancements to Simple Setup:
- Support for configuring signer signature styles for signature adoption purposes.
- An improved and simplified view for editing JotBlock properties.
- Auto-save capabilities for checkbox and radio button options when switching between them in the JotBlock editor.
Also new in this release is a change to the 'completed document' links for custom recipients and originators to now allow access to the whole envelope rather than to only a specific document.
This release also includes a number of bug fixes and optimizations.
No downtime is anticipated for this rollout, but there may be a brief period of degraded performance while the update is being deployed.
Important Note for www.assuresign.net Users
As previously announced here, the 5.48 release for www.assuresign.net on Thursday, June 29th at 5:00am EST will also include several network changes:
IP Address is Changing
The IP address at which you access www.assuresign.net will be changing to:
If you have configured a firewall to allow traffic to our current address (18.104.22.168), you will need to add a rule to allow traffic to flow to the new IP address 22.214.171.124.
Our recommendation is that you perform a configuration to allow traffic to both addresses well in advance of June 29 so that you do not need to perform modifications that coincide with the timing of our networking changes. Outbound DocumentTRAK communications from the www.assuresing.net domain will continue to come from 126.96.36.199.
The IP addresses for all of our environments are listed here.
www.assuresign.net Certificate is Changing
The certificate that secures communications on www.assuresign.net will be changing to a wildcard certificate that already protects some of our other sites (including our sandbox site at sb.assuresign.net). Modifications would generally only be required to accomodate this certificate change in the case that you have explicitly installed our certificates to a local certificate store for API communications.
No change should be required to any AssureSign published applications and solutions, as API communications from within these application do not depend on the IP address of our sites. While users of our Salesforce solution must explicitly select to trust our IP address for outbound communications into Salesforce, since our outbound IP address is not changing no modifications are necessary.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact support on this site.