AssureSign sites will be updated to our AssureSign version 5.50 software release:
Sandbox: Friday, July 28 at 9:30am EST
NA1: Wednesday, August 2 at 5:00am EST
WWW/CA1: Thursday, August 3 at 5:00am EST
Version 5.50 continues our work on expanding the Simple Setup experience:
- A new document management component in Simple Setup that provides an improved experience in navigating and managing documents in the workspace. At a high level, this component:
- allows users to easily see which documents have been added to the workspace and which JotBlocks have been assigned to those documents.
- enables easier navigation by allow the user to simply click on the document or JotBlock name in that list to immediately scroll that document or JotBlock into view in the workspace.
- allows easy deletion of JotBlocks or even whole documents from the workspace
- Support has been added for renaming JotBlocks to make it easier to differentiate and recognize them in the document management component.
Behind the scenes, work is also continuing on building out support for overlay templates (applying JotBlocks) in Simple Setup. More information will be made available about the new template functionality as we get closer to its release.
This release also includes several bug fixes and optimizations.
Important Note for na1.assuresign.net Users
As previously announced here, the 5.50 release for na1.assuresign.net on Wednesday, August 2nd at 5:00am EST will also include a network change:
na1.assuresign.net Certificate is Changing
The certificate that secures communications on na1.assuresign.net will be changing to a wildcard certificate that already protects some of our other sites (including our sandbox site at sb.assuresign.net). Modifications would generally only be required to accommodate this certificate change in the case that you have explicitly installed our certificates to a local certificate store for API communications.
No change should be required to any AssureSign published applications and solutions, as API communications from within these application do not depend on the IP address of our sites. While users of our Salesforce solution must explicitly select to trust our IP address for outbound communications into Salesforce, since our outbound IP address is not changing no modifications are necessary.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact support on this site.